Do you need fresh, creative content that:
- engages customers and convinces them to buy
- persuades customers to sign up for OR eagerly open your newsletters?
- helps customers form a strong bond with your brand or business?
You’re too busy and so is your in-house department doing all the things that need to be done on a daily basis.
You already have a writer in-house but that person is trying to stay on top of their regular job duties, never mind coming up with new ideas to create content.
Content marketing, or content strategy on how to get better ROI are doing your head in and you need some clarity and a plan.
You run a digital or marketing agency and need someone who knows what they’re doing, to take on extra work.
What I do for clients:
- write original, fresh-off-the-press copy such as emails, newsletters, blogs, email campaigns and other content you use to stay in touch with your customers
- create a human connection with your brand or business through storytelling – videos, scripts, social media posts, customer stories
- write easy-to-understand, simple content, exactly how your brand would talk if it were human
- audit your content, filling in the gaps and creating a content strategy
- choose the right words for your project in alignment with your objectives
- craft clever content your customers will appreciate
- fine-tune your words into engaging and readable content
What makes me qualified to be a copywriter?
- Experience in corporate roles as marketing/project coordinator/writer in six different industries
- Published bylines in many of Australia’s leading publications like Sunday Life, SMH, News.com.au and SBS Life. I bring a journalist’s eye and flair for storytelling to all projects
- A professional, reliable writer who works well with in-house comms teams and multiple deadlines
- Experienced in working with big brands
- Current working knowledge of SEO
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Management from Edith Cowan University, Western Australia
- Completed professional writing courses from the Australian Writers Centre
Feature writer bylines
My back story & some conversation starters:
- I’m originally from Kenya (that’s in East Africa with all the best long-distance runners, cassava chips and coconuts).
- I migrated to Australia in 2004 to study at university and never looked back.
- I am a marketer-turned-content creator and copywriter living in beautiful (often crowded!) Sydney.
- One little human also had a lot to do with this career change.
- I started off writing feature articles for many leading Australian magazines both in print and online learning what makes a good story and how to capture a reader’s attention. Now I balance feature writing with copywriting and content creation.
PS: English is my first language so don’t let my name scare you off!
I’m a graduate of the British and Australian education systems and know how to use apostrophes. I’m forever spotting typos and solving crossword puzzles on paper and on apps with my children.